Thursday, November 18, 2010

Learning WCF - windows communication foundation

It is the umpteenth time i am starting on wcf, however each time since the study is not documented, i find myself staring at the same place. Hoping this documentation through my blog will help me graduate to the next step.

Steps to learn WCF?

  1. Build a live WCF hello world service.
  2. Host the WCF service in
    1. A console.
    2. A windows service.
    3. IIS.
  3. Consume the WCF Service in
    1. Console
    2. Windows Form
    3. Silverlight
    4. Windows 7 Mobile
    5. Android & IPhone (don’t know the possibilities but no one can deny my wish list.)
  4. …… till Infinity (My wish list doesn’t end).

Now with the steps outlined, i will be posting each step as a separate blog, i will also be updating a list of all references to learn wcf i come across in a separate blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment